Sunday 5 May 2013

My favs for the month of April

Hello again everyone, I'm back with another post, April just went by so fast, I can't believe it's already May! It's getting nicer and nicer outside, the sun is finally out!

For the month of April, I've accumulated a few favorite beauty products that I've been using and loving day to day.  We'll start with:

Foundations:
1. Top Left: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 - this is a medium to full coverage.  I use this product when I need to cover up a scar from an acne or blemishes as it is not as visible.

Top Right:  Marcelle BB Cream in Medium.  this is a light to medium coverage.  As we all know, BB creams is a moisturizer, primer and a foundation all in one, which I like if I'm in a rush and need to be out the door.  I usually apply this all over my face then mascara and I'm good to go.  Unlike some BB creams this has a thicker consistency and when it dries it gives a semi-matte finish and controls shine.

Middle: Neutrogena Healthy Skin in 70 Neutral Beige.  this is like a tinted moisturizer.  This gives me a dewy look, very light on my skin and it contains SPF20.





 Blush:

1. Top Left: Cream Blush: L'OREAL Visible Lift in 701 Rose Gold Lift.  I've posted a more detailed review on this.  Basically it gives my cheeks a tint of color with a little bit of shimmer but it is not too over powering.

2. Middle: Powder Blush: Sheriff Professional in 306 Look at Me.  This may look vibrant in the pan but it appears the opposite.  It's a subtle shade more like a bubble gum pink.

3. Bottom: Mineral Blush: The Body Shop in 02 Golden Terracotta.  This is best for sensitive skin, This is like a coral/dark orange finish.  it also creates a natural looking flush of color with shimmer.

Here's a few swatches of the blushes:

The Body Shop Mineral Blush in Golden Terracotta

Sheriff Professional in 306 Look at Me



On my cheeks is the 306 Look at Me


 Bronzer and Contour:

1. Top Left: Charlotte Ronson 3x a Charm in Shoshanna - This is a nice bronzer, there's not that much shimmer, it's more of a matte finish.  This suits medium-dark skin tone. This bronzer gives a sun-kissed look when blended nicely.  To apply a bronzer, you just want to place it where the sun hits your face so that will be on the cheek bones, temples and on your nose.  Since this comes with a blush and a highlighter, the blush is a peachy, coral finish, very pigmented so you don't need as much and just blend, blend, and blend.  The highlighter I don't use at all because I find it chalky.

2. Bottom: MAC Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture.   This is a soft tan brown.  This product provides a natural-defined contour.  I use this on the hollows of my cheeks to create the illusion of a slimmer face and on my crease for extra dimension.





Charlotte Ronson in Shoshanna (Bronzer
MAC Pure Sculpture

On my cheeks is the Charlotte Ronson Bronzer in Shoshanna


Eyeshadows/Eyeliner

Here are my top 3 eyeshadows that I've been liking for a natural day time, summery look:

1. Top Left: MAC Pressed Pigment in Beaming - Soft brown with shimmer, I apply this with a MAC 239 Brush and spray it with a MAC Fix Plus and dab it on my lids and it gives a glossy effect. 

2. Top Right corner: MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque - Gold/Peachy cream finish.

3. L'Oreal Color Infaillible in 034 Pepsy Coral - Nice Peachy/Coral with Gold luminosity with a smooth-velvety finish.

4. Lise Watier Eyeliner in Vert Sarcelle - A deep Teal Green eyeliner.  The texture is soft which makes it easy to blend, it glides smoothly as well.  This is a great pop of color to your eyes.




Lise Watier in Vert Sarcelle












Mascara:

1. Rimmel Scandaleyes Volume Mascara in 003 Extreme Black
As I said before, I'm not born with long, thick eye lashes but with this mascara , it separates my lashes and it adds volume.













 Lips:

All of these lip products are perfect for an everyday look, they're all moisturizing on the lips.  I usually apply a gloss on top to make it last longer.  But the texture is smooth and creamy.

1. Top: Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin up Peach, I like to pair it with MAC Lipglass in Enchantress.

2. Middle: MAC Amplified in Half and Half, I like to pair it with Sally Hansen in Sparkling Nude.
3. Bottom: Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Lollipop.


Photo on your left: I'm wearing the Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin up Peach with MAC Enchantress.




Face Brushes:

All of these brushes are soft and it buffs well on your skin to give a flawless finish.  This can be use for liquid, cream and powder foundations, blush and bronzers.

1. Left: Real Techniques Buffing Brush

2. Middle: PUR Minerals Chisel Brush

3. Right: Coming Soon GlamChix Fan Brush










Eyebrushes:

1. Left: Sigma Precision Round P82 - I use this for cream eyeshadows and sometimes concealers.

2. Middle: MAC 239 Brush - I use this for powder eyeshadows and pigments.

3. Right: Sigma E25 - I use this to apply eyeshadows or for blending.
















Hair:

L'Oreal Elnett Satin Styling Heat Protection for Straight hair, it says it protects from heat damage up to 230 degrees.  It has a light-fresh scent which I like.


















Must Read:

1. Jemma Kidd Make-up Masterclass - basically talks about all aspects of skincare and makeup, different application techniques for natural day time look to evening look for age appropriate.

2. Makeup Makeover Beauty Bible - transformation on different women enhancing their beauty.

3. 1968 Magazine Spring 2013 - Inspirations on creating edgy look, it's more for photoshoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment